Sol Books grants one annual award for a novels and collections of short stories or essays. The winning entry will receive a standard royalty contract, with a $500 advance.
Finalists may also be offered a publishing contract.
- Submit at least 30,000 words of prose (fiction or nonfiction) without any identifying information appearing on the manuscript.
- Entry should be typed and double-spaced
- Entry can be of any style, form, or theme
- Portions of the entry may be previously published as long as entrant retains the copyright to the work in its entirety and provides proper acknowledgements
- Entry may be simultaneously submitted; however, Sol Books must be notified if the submitted collection is accepted for publication elsewhere
- Postmark date: October, 31st
WHAT TO INCLUDE
- $15 Reading Fee, payable to Skywater Publishing Company
- Completed entry form
- Complete manuscript, without any contact information
MAIL PAYMENT AND ENTRY FORM TO
Skywater PublishingSol Books
398 Goodrich Ave
St. Paul MN 55102
We can (and prefer) to receive manuscripts electronically, which will save you postage. Email your ms. as a Word compatible attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org, or submit with your payment and entry form, using the address above.
All entries will be reviewed by a panel of judges, with the winning entry and finalists being announced in April.